Thursday, June 7, 2018

Beaches!

I was supposed to be in Puerto Vallarta for three days.  It's seven days later and I'm still here lol.  If I didn't have a place in GDL with my stuff there I would stay here.  It's been amazing here.... sunburn and all.

My bus ride was great!  The bus company -Vallarta Plus - has pimp buses.  Big spacious seats, leg room for days, a personal t.v. and free headphones when you get on.  Oh and air conditioning...something I hadn't experienced in the month that I have been here.  I dozed off for a little bit but I was enjoying looking out the window.  The little random towns and shops that we drove by really amaze me... it is so different than Canada and I always try to picture staying in these little towns as I always wonder what they are like.  Even if it is just a few houses and farm land.

I; of course; had a little woman sit beside me who offered to share her fresh papaya with me :)  It was very yummy and I was very thankful as I had not eaten yet.

I had some beers my first night but I ended up passing out around 8 or 9pm.  I did wake up to fireworks around 1am.  It was PVR's (Puerto Vallarta's) 100th Birthday so there was a huge party going on and fireworks.

The next day I wandered around with one of the guys from the hostel. We went to some shops, markets and Senor Frogs for lunch.  I was a little annoyed at the end of the day as he had told me the next place we wanted to go to was only 10 minutes up the road and it was 35... my leg was quite achy by that point and I just wanted to get back and relax.

I end up drinking the the ladies here and then made my way to Zoo (one of the bars) and got pretty drunk.  I was trying to show-off and demonstrate how to drink tequila properly... that didn't go down to well.  No joke, it didn't go down to well ... I had to run to the bathroom very quickly. It literally just didn't go down good. So much for showing off... and yes...I am showing others the secret and still keeping you all in the dark.

The next day I got woken up at ... oh I thought it was 8am but was told it was later.... to go to the beach.  YES!!! One month in Mexico and I was still winter white... the beach is what I had come here for.

Puerto Vallarta is great.  There is the Malecon with shops and restaurants and statues.  The see right beside you.  Palm trees, music, tourists there is so much to see but the beach really isn't that great and isn't overly inviting....however it has been great spending time outside. As well, so many places here have air con ... it's been fantastic.  The hostel doesn't but my bed is in a great spot and I get all three fans pointing at my while I sleep and we keep the window open.  Because we are on the water we have a really nice breeze so I have been sleeping pretty good.

We packed our stuff and headed for Sayulita. It took two buses and a maybe an hour and a half. The bus was hot when we got on it but all the windows were open so as soon as we started moving it was great.  The seats were were really comfortable so I curled up and looked out the window.

Sayulita!!!

Again, Mexico has made me fall in love.  A hippie town with out door patios, markets, people walking around trying to sell you massages, silver, blankets, clothing, food. People rent golf carts to drive around the town which I was down for because of my foot but after walking around for a half hour we found a great spot on the beach.

We went for a walk along the beach and further along it literally looked like there was gold in the sand... it was really beautiful.  I thought of becoming rich but stuffing my bathing suit top but no one else was going crazy over it so I figured it was worth nothing.

I rented a cabana - umbrella, two chairs and a table - and plunked myself down on my seat.  Ahhhh beach, sun and.... wait .... oh here is the waiter  "pina colada por favor."

One pina colada, 13 beers, a pair of earrings and a little stuffed animal purchase, and a sunburn later it was time to leave.  Me being the one with the sunburn.

I was keen to stay... I mean like move all my stuff there and stay but most of my stuff is in GDL.  It's kind of a good thing I have a home base, it keeps me a little more focused.

As we were leaving this guy walked by us with a shrimp skewer.  All day they walk along with these cooked shrimp on a skewer and they looked fantastic.  I looked at one of the guys and said "are you hungry?"  So we split one.  I could've had seven skewers to myself ... it was so yummy.

We ended up grabbing a shuttle back for super cheap and it had air con so it was awesome... I was as red as a lobster hahahaha.

I really loved Sayulita and I could totally see myself staying there for awhile, trying to surf again and enjoying the beach life... I did have two offers for a place to stay hahaha.  Should I do it???

We showered, got ready and went for dinner.  We wandered around for awhile which was really nice.  I hadn't seen the area at night and it was really pretty.  We wanted seafood and Blake (one of the guys I was with) told us about this restaurant called  The Blue Shrimp.  We walked for quite awhile - my foot getting sore - but finally finding it.

This place was right on the beach.  It was open concept so we sat on the outer part so we could look out at the beach which had tables surrounded by torches.   The ambiance was great and the music.... well... the music was great but the singer not so much.

We each ordered a cocktail - me a pina colada. The food was alright- my meal wasn't hot - but to be honest... I have never been to a restaurant like this so I was really just enjoying the experience and being there with good people.

After dinner we walked around and went to ... I think it's called Los Muertos.   It's a craft beer brewery which was quite nice.  Los Muertos sounds morbid, but in Mexico there is a lot surrounding the Day of the Dead and many novelty items of sugar skulls... I actually quite like it.

We - again - ended up at Zoo, except this time it was packed and hot and sweaty.  But there was an event going on with flashing rings, black lights and a guy dressed up walking around on stilts.  It was fun but we didn't stay too long.  We were all quite tired and Jaren  - one of the guys - was flying home the next morning.

When I went to the rooftop patio the next morning I hear "Wow Emmie!!! You have surprised us!!! You are even more red than you were yesterday!!!"   My burn had come out more over night and I looked like a lobster.  I decided a few days out of the sun would be a good idea.

It's been great here.  I experienced for the first time being digital in a hostel and it worked out really well. The staff have been really accommodating and it has all run smoothly.  Honestly... I am enjoying being digital and being able to have a career that I love while still living the travel life... I am really so happy.

I have been to two other beaches this week.  One I don't think has a name....we got off on the side of the road and climbed down over huge rocks (which has in turn upset my foot) down to a golden sand beach.  There was literally no one there except Zack, Jack and I and a local who was fishing for marlin.  He didn't have a pole though, he used a water bottle and a fishing line which I thought was pretty cool.  It was a nice spot and we had a great view of the arches... 2 big rocks out in the water that had boat tours journeying around them.  I stayed on the beach while the guys went swimming.  Zack went swimming and saw jellyfish and a stingray so I thought it best that I just stick to the shoreline.

Today we went to the next beach up from there called Mismaloya... a little resort beach with surf huts, massages, restaurants, and beer service.  I actually went in the water which felt amazing on my burn... I was wearing a 30 spf.  We chilled out in the water surrounded by boats and enjoyed our beer... yes in the water... it's Mexico.

I slept for two hours when we got back and then enjoyed the amazing barbecue the hostel had on the rooftop patio which included beer... it was amazing and filling.

It is now 1am and I am just about to go to bed.  I have my tour to Hidden Beach tomorrow and I am so excited... it's on my bucket list. So good night my awesome readers. Till my next blog.
Los quieros.



                                                                               - My Beautiful Life -


No comments:

Post a Comment